RE: "Clay Cowgill's" pincushion corrector

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Aug 05 2009 - 00:47:35 EDT

> Any news on the Clay ? I forgot you used SMD components, I can't
> solder these over here, I only have a normal soldering station.
> Pat's offer sounds very good though :)

Thanks for the reminder-- it got hot out here (like the hottest ever on
record), so without A/C in my old shop I wasn't up for the heat on the days
that I had free time... and then I forgot about it. :-P

I went by this evening to try things out though and got my Star Wars monitor
back to operating form (I'm swapping one good deflection boardset between
Tempest and SW until I have time to fix some spares! ;-), but apparently I
had changed out AVG boards in the Star Wars set at some point. The boardset
that was running in the machine didn't have my little Display Corrector test
harness attached. (I don't *remember* doing that, but obviously I did.)

Anyway, I found the AVG board that had the harness on it so I brought that
along with the rest of the complete/working Star Wars boardset back home to
swap the harness over. I'll give it try again tomorrow evening!

-Clay