Re: Sega Star Trek problem, need help!

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 09:15:33 EDT

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I did do the ground mod before there were any problems. The monitor is working fine now after the rebuild. I never powered the monitor up before working on it. I read all of the available faqs before proceding with anything. The game boards were still working a week ago but now have a problem, probably something minor since it still plays. Measuring voltages at the boards is difficult since the boards are all inside that box and I have no extender so I haven't done that yet. I know that I need to do that since there may be a bad power contact somewhere that is dropping voltage. I'm not yet using a switcher but the linear supply is working very well.

William Boucher