Space Duel Tech

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 02:35:04 EDT

Out of ideas, so I thought I'd ask about on this one.  Space Duel board was working and then got a jolt from a failing ARII.  Initally had one high tone, so I replace the first RAM, and was rewarded with two high tones.  Replace the second RAM and the game played blind...for about 2 minutes after which it gave me two short low tones, and two long high tones.  At this point, I replaced the AVG chip, processor and Pokeys with no change.  Stationary vectors on the screen, solid coin switches.

The manual is no help with this tone combination.  I haven't switchd out the ROMs yet as I don't have a reader to check them.   Anyone have any ideas?  I do have a logic probe if anyone has anything specific for me to test.   -Malcolm