RE: Amplifone yoke

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Oct 01 2009 - 02:19:49 EDT

> Question about Amplifone yokes: what do I need to look for to
> identify the yoke by it's numbers ? I know what they look
> like, but I've seen several number info on pictures.
>
> F.I. my spare yoke has these data:
> 9A2806-001D
> 17-8143
>
> The one on my SW cockpit has:
> 9A2806-001B
> 17-8144
>
> Is it OK as long as the 9A2806 is the same ?

I would think that's fine. You could always measure the DC resistance of
the windings on each as a sanity-check just to be sure. If they vary by
more than ~10% or so from one another I'd be cautious about proceeding, but
odds are good they'll be the same. The "-8143" -"8144" look suspiciously
like date codes (1981, 43rd/44th week), but that seems pretty early for
Amplifone yokes to me...

> P.S. Clay, are the pincushion correctors finished. I could do
> the Euro sales overhere if you want.

I haven't had much free time lately (and the free time I have had I've been
putting in to getting some working spares for my 6100's going), but I'll try
to get a panel or two built up and tested in the next couple weeks.
Dragging my one working 6100 HV cage back and forth to test the display
correctors is a pain, so that got old in a hurry. ;-) The ones I've built
so far have fired right up, but I haven't completed a whole panel yet.
(Just to check that all the step and repeats on the PCB are actually the
same...)

-Clay