Re: Amplifone yoke

From: Ed Henciak <ehenciak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 03:58:36 EDT

I seem to recall someone recreating the sounds for Space Invaders in an
FPGA and outputting
those sounds through a one bit DAC that Clay is somewhat familiar with.
The *non universal* boards
would all be like that. All you are doing is creating the digital
equivalent of the analog circuit and
blasting that data out to your ears. The effects were very accurate.

It's been a while, but the universal sound board had something like 9
DACs and a microcontroller, right?
That's a perfect candidate for emulation. You could put all of that
into an FPGA, but I think a
person well versed in emulation could pull that off with a
microcontroller and a DAC.

Ed