RE: Just a little show and tell

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 01:18:31 EDT

>I occasionally read vector list.
> I still sell an LV2000 every so often (seems to come in waves)
> d replace any bad LV2000s for free, regardless of what happened to it.
>just send in your old one)

Good to see you're still around, Jeff! So hey, I won't sell my
LV2000-a-likes 'mass market' (not like I have the time to do that in the
first place) so as to steer clear of your niche. I'll use 'em myself and at
GK and then share some with friends and some vectorlist folks that have
contacted me directly. I won't advertise them. I ran a couple hundred
fabs, so I doubt I'll ever need to reorder. ;-)

I have some fubar'd LV2000's, but honestly I'd feel guilty sending them in.
They're from that original batch you guys ran on the single-sided fabs from
Advanced Circuits and they were just mangled by our guys trying to put them
together. I suspect it was a combination of not enough solder experience
plus way too big/hot of iron! We've since adopted a "leave PCB and power
supply work to Clay and Neil" policy. ;-)

TTYL,
-Clay