Re: PROM replacements, etc. (was re:Just a little show and tell)

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 17:01:24 EDT

I got work to order me EasyPC about a year ago, but I've not found the time
to get to grips with it yet.... For work, I usually design the circuit, and
a rough sketch showing what I want it to look like, and farm it out to
another chap who does the layout work for me really cheaply - Last Job he
did for me was free as it was so simple !!)- I only do a pcb every couple of
years in the day job !!

I designed some boards using an old dos version of EasyPC around '92, and it
was easy to use..... didn't do autorouting or anything clever at the
time.....

Tried the Eagle demo.... got a little into it.. but again... didn't have
time...... Was working on a very simple ESB/SW kit as a test (the
slapstick/eprom board with a couple of the NV Ram chips fitted to swap
between the games) ....nowhere as advanced as Clay's or Mark's !!

Diptrace looks pretty good..... For PCB Proto's in the UK I use PCBTRAIN
(http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/) on the slowest option to save money..... Their
website shows LOTS of links to different PCB layout software......
http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/schematic/links/

Cheers, Colin