Re: Battlezone Aux Board replacement?

From: Mike Walden <mike_at_nemonic.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 13:27:40 EDT

Hello Bill and the wider community,

I have an implementation of the BZ AUX board which is complete but
untested. It requires some serious effort in doing the testbenches to
prove the design. It is implemented as closely as possible to the
original schematic using an implementation of POKEY (includes serial
stuff & keyboard decoding as used in the Atari 800), the 2901's and
the microcode ROMs. It also runs > 30Mhz ! I could code an emulation
using an ARM7 in a fraction of the time but that's not the point. I am
still impressed by the original design so I don't see why it should be
cast aside in the name of progress!

As the schematic is very similar between the BZ, Red Barron, Tempest &
Major Havock, I was intending to try and engineer a multiboard with
several edge connectors to suite the application.

How many people would actually be interested in buying a board ? How
many machines are left ?

RSVP

Mike Mnemonic (UK)