Re: Cinematronics BPROM alternatives

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 11:13:53 EDT

Interesting. So long as the original 82s123 chips are in one piece and still working, I could read them and then convert their data for the BX288. While I was working on the replacements, I created some hardware and software tools for doing that. If the original chips are soldered into your board, I'm sure that I could remove them safely so long as they don't have pin-rot. If you don't feel safe desoldering the chips or using your programming equipment, I wouldn't mind doing it.

As for the eproms, I have a couple of universal programmers and between the two of them, there's only a couple of eproms that they won't read without an adapter. Those would be the few with non-standard pin-out.

If you can produce the bin files using your own equipment, that would save shipping the board or chips to me and save you the shipping charges and eliminate any risk of damage or loss during shipping.

Feel free to pm me if you are interested in moving forward with this.

William Boucher