Re: Star Trek pic waving?

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Fri Nov 27 2009 - 16:03:36 EST

The waving picture problem is solved !!! As suggested below, I just removed the extra ground lead that I had added from the monitor and the problem went away. The picture is rock steady now. Thanks to everyone!

I guess this means that rather than adding another ground, I should aim to improve upon the ground connections that are already there. What I had done that created the wave was I had added a heavy wire that runs between the metal frames of the power supply and the monitor and also the metal game cage. I guess I learned the hard way that this wasn't the proper way to tie things together. The grounds that I should focus on are not the chassis/earth grounds, but rather the 0V references or "circuit" grounds. Yay! Time to play!

William Boucher