Re: identical G05-802 problem with 2 different deflection PCBs

From: Colin O'Brien <colin_at_onepointzero.com>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 12:49:44 EST

I'll give it a go. I did clean the fuse block and replace the fuses
back in the beginning but didn't touch the molex connectors. I
measured a steady 6.3 but never looked at it over time either.

Last night I reflowed a few connections just in case, but had no luck.

On the other hand, the problem may be linked to heat somewhere. If I
leave the game off for a while, it takes longer to to reach the
visible retrace lines point than if I power it back on shortly after a
previous session.

I measured the HV and it starts at 12.64 (which seems a bit high) and
slowly creeps up to 12.73 when the retrace lines show up. It may go
higher but I don't want to damage the tube so I power down at that
point. Not sure if such a change can be considered within acceptable
limits or not.

Colin