New to the list

From: Fabrice GIRARDOT <f4brice_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 16:06:20 EST

Hi everyone.

My name is Fabrice. I'm 36 years old, living in France.
I just subscribed to this list.

I'm currently trying to repair a SEGA vector PCB.
Game is called "Space Ship" and is an exact clone
of Cinematronics's Space Wars.

There is no output sent to the X-Y screen.
My oscilloscope says that the /RESET signal is periodically
fired. I understand all the meaning of the word "difficult"
when it applies to the CCPU troubleshooting ! ;-)

I use to post all my arcade activities to a french-speaking
forum called "gamoover".
Here is the WIP topic for my SEGA game :
http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=20677.0
You'll find there some pictures of the cabinet, screen & PCB.
SEGA did choose to design a unique board for both logic & audio.

I can seen important glitches on some of the E14 PROM data bits.
http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=20677.msg298794#msg298794
Does anyone know if its a normal behavior for this chip ?
Sega is using a MMI 6331-1J.
Maybe address bus is changed on clock's raising edge and data bits
are used on clock's falling edge... In this case, it would be OK.

My master reference for this WIP is this document :
http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Manuals_and_Schematics/Space%20Wars.pdf
Unfortunately, schematics scanning is not as good as I need it.
For some signals, it'ss hard to read this so small hand writting.
Is there any better scan of schematics available ?

Regards,

--
Fab