Re: 74S288 Prom compatibility question

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 16:47:04 EST

I recall having similar problems with my Stag eclipse. Unfortunately the TI
chip wasn't supported, and I wasn't able to find an equivalent under the
Stag device list. I'm sure they've updated it by now. But like Mark said,
they are meant to be read the same, just not always written the same.

The problem I have, is that I have about 4 tempest aux boards that need
proms, and they are kinda pricey $6 when you need 6-7 proms per board. It's
cheaper to just find an Aux board with them.

Unless someone knows of a cheaper source for proms.

Kevin