Re: WG6100 HV replacement board adjustment

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 23:28:16 EST

John Schlarb wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Long-time lurker here...
>
> I just got my monitor cage back from Chad at ArcadeCup, and did
> something very dumb, but hopefully reversible. I adjusted the
> small "B+ Adjust" and "Freq Adjust" pots on my HV replacement board
> (the after market one), thinking that they were brightness and focus.
> I immediately realized my mistake but couldn't remember the original
> positions, so I set them both halfway. Now the HV board blows its fuse
> as soon as I turn the game on. Is there a simple procedure for
> adjusting these pots back to the correct values?
>
> Thanks,
> John
Doesn't sound good. Usually fuses fail after you have let the smoke out
of a transistor...I doubt it is serious, but likely the voltage
regulator pass transistor has died. If you can use an ohm-meter then
unplug the two transistors and see if any of the three leads are shorted
to any other lead - they shouldn't be!

Then I think you want to send it back to Chad (better check if he can do
this)...you need a frequency counter to set the Freq Adjust. The HV can
be adjusted with a voltmeter by checking the output voltages (rough) or
with a HV probe (best).

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com