Re: Catbox, Catbox Sigs

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 12:52:08 EST

Kevin Moore wrote:
> Thanks, I have all that. I was just wondering if they had done a sig
> analysis profile. Before I start hitting it with the logic probe :)

Ah, no, not to my knowledge. I usually fire up the Fluke 9010 about this
time with non-working CPU based equipment... If you have a second Cat
Box you can use that to troubleshoot the sick one...

I would start (after verifying proper voltages) with substituting the
RAM, then the CPU and finally the Eprom. This is the order I find
failures in most CPU based equipment.

If there are PROMs, then they are about as suspicious as RAM, however no
PROMs in the Cat Box. ROMs are almost as reliable as Eproms in my
experience.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com