Re: Catbox, Catbox Sigs

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 19:25:00 EST

Kevin Moore wrote:
> Thanks for providing the sig, I was about to run calcsignature to get it.
>
> Anyways, Rom test came back as 0000, and since I know the rom is good
> that can't be right :(
>
> How well do the flukes do the bus test? Since I've not ran into a
> situation where the bus test has failed before.
>
> Ram test are showing faults but that may be due to some other problem.
>
> Haven't had a chance to fully get into this guy yet, but wanted to let
> you guys know what little progress I've made :)
>
> Kevin

The BUS test (Fluke 9010A) is pretty good. It shows when address or data
lines are stuck high, low or shorted together or to ground or Vcc. It
also monitors Reset, NMI and any other CPU controlling inputs.

Rom test of 0000 is interesting as I recall a blank 2K x 8 Eprom is
something like 56xx. 0000 sounds like data lines shorted to ground. Have
you tried reading any of the Eproms addresses? You should see some data
in most of the addresses occupied by the Eprom, certainly the last few
addresses will be occupied as they are the Reset and NMI vectors for the
6502 CPU.

John :-#)#