Re: Space Duel Eproms

From: Franklin Bowen <Franklin_at_Bowen.net>
Date: Tue Feb 09 2010 - 08:41:58 EST

I know the Williams ROM boards (Joust, Robotron, etc.) had a couple of
jumpers to switch between 2732s and 2532s. I would assume you can do
the same type of mod manually to your Space Duel board. See the
following docs for more info (jumpers W1, W2, W3, and W4):

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=info&page=Williams-hardware.txt
http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Williams/Joust_Drawing_Set_%2816P-3006-103%20Rev%20A%29_Dec_1982.pdf
(page 9, top middle looks like jumpers connect between A11 on the
address bus and pins 18 & 21 on the sockets)

HTH