Re: Can a Tempest transformer power block be used with a 19V2000?

From: Darren Finck <dgfinck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 11:36:45 EST

This might be a bad idea, but...

I couldn't help but notice that the desired output is about 20% off from the actual output. Would it be possible to tweak the primary side to boost the output? If Tempest is similar to other Atari games, the "violet" voltage selection plug is for 100VAC. Seems to me that if the 100VAC primary taps are intended to produce 50VAC on the secondary, applying 120VAC to it would give you 60VAC output.

I guess the problem might be that now your 6.3VAC filiment voltage is also boosted 20%...

df