Re: Asteroids X axis problem

From: William Boucher <boucher_at_mnsi.net>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2010 - 18:39:04 EST

Does your machine have the original power brick? If it was swapped in from
another game, the plus/minus supply voltage might be too low. Also check
the transformer taps used to set the output voltage. I have a feeling that
the AC output voltage is running too low. The long axis is showing the
limiting or walling effect because the deflection transistors are saturating
due to insufficient DC power supply voltage.

Be aware that a GO5-801 monitor required plus/minus 25-28 VAC power supply
whereas the GO5-802 required 35-37 VAC. If your monitor is an 802 and your
brick is set for an 801, that's your problem.

William Boucher