Re: Asteroids X axis problem

From: <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 19:53:05 EST

no schems to hand here, but i would suggest checking the +/15v DC when the
sizing pot is at minimum and at maximum. I would do the same for the +/-6.8v
Zeners (i've had similar results with zeners)... they key here would be to
observe reference voltages on a scope while adjusting the pot and look for
anomolies. Same for almost anything else, you should see where the
distortion starts along the chain, using the y-axis as a working reference
circuit for how things should act when the pot is adjusted.

My gut feeling on this fault is one of the TL op-amps failing marginally, or
losing its reference voltage somehow.