Gravitar text color/WG6100 issue

From: Andre Huijts <a.huijts_at_upcmail.nl>
Date: Sat Mar 13 2010 - 14:18:05 EST

Gravitar owners, I've been working on a WG6100 in a Gravitar and I wanted to know, do we agree that the main texts on the attract screen are meant to be light blue and not pure white ?

When I compare the texts with f.i. the diamond test screen, the diamond screen looks like true white.

Can someone confirm this ?

Another question about WG6100: this one has a very minor "jitter" on the screen. I'd say that there is very small (extra) AC on the deflection signals. It looks like it's mainly on the horizontal deflection but also somewhat on the vertical.

It causes the beam to not steadily hit the same dots on the screen. Note that the metal screen is INSTALLED on the HV cage !

Any idea where to look. I just did a cap-kit on deflection and HV board (using Panasonic high quality caps, 105 degr.).

I did not yet install a LV2000 (it's on it's way). Could it be in the low voltage section ? I did _not_ replace the caps there because the LV2000 will get rid off them anyway.

I've moved out the monitor out of the cab and ran it, and the issue is the same so it's no cause inside the cab, it's on the monitor itself.