Asteroids graphics and sound issue

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 2010 - 14:53:59 EDT

I am fixing an asteroids cocktail for a friend. It originally had just the p1/2 lights flashing non stop. I replaced the eprom sockets and all of the ram following the test tones. Now it works..sorta..

It has 2 issues.. the first is a graphical issue. The gamefield fills the screen fine, but everything is microscopic.. the ship and asteroids are only a couple mm big, and you can see the text.. it looks like text.. but far too small to read. You can see your shots and the ufo's shots. I have replace chips in the scaling circuit at K5, K7, M7 and swapped a good 7497 through the 4 socketed banks all with no difference. I also tested Q7 and Q9 as good.. not sure where to go from here.

2nd issue is in the sounds. All sounds are fine except for the player's shots, and the ufo's firing sounds. They sound more like morse code tone when you fire. I checked Q1, Q5. Replaced a few electrolytics, changed n9 on the basis of another repair log, c65.. I do not have any ls259's for M10, and have not checked the 324 at L8 which I think is the only thing in common but not sure if that would do it? __________________________________________________________________ The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/