Re: Starwars and Amplifone Issue

From: PJ <pj1_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 25 2010 - 02:44:09 EDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Loggans
  To: pj1@shaw.ca
  Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:55 PM
  Subject: Re: VECTOR: Starwars and Amplifone Issue

          PJ,

               I have seen this problem before. I know you have stated that the output looks correct on the scope, but I would try replacing Q7 and Q8 in the Bipolar output section of the AVG board (page 14B in the schematics).

          Thanks,
          -Chris

I replaced these transistors, as well as replacing the two 0.1uF caps by the MPSu57s on the deflection board to no avail. I even tried to bridge the current sense resistors with ceramic capacitors to see if it made any difference with no luck.

So just to recap, the work done on the game to date:
-replaced all the 1N914 diodes and transistors on the deflection board, except for the four 6A main rectifiers, the video output transistors, and zener CR5.
-replaced all electrolytic capacitors on the deflection board and HV board, including the 4700uF power supply filter caps.
-replaced the BU406D, the regulators, diodes, 50ohm resistors, and HV transformer. The high voltage setup procedure completed.
-removed all brown jumpers on the deflection and HV boards.
-replaced the pots on the deflection board
-replaced the fuses on the deflection board
-repaired the fuse block and wiring on the power transformer block.
-recapped the ARII and added sense mods.
-added additional heavy leads between grounds on ARII, logic boards and deflection board.
-replaced both 15v regulators and filter capacitors on the AVG
-replaced Q7 and Q8 on the AVG.

and still no luck...