Re: Cinematronics Tailgunner Start Light

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 10:30:38 EDT
It stays high when no coin is inserted.

On 4/14/2010 5:33 AM, Cinelabs Info wrote:
Matt, What is the state (high or low) of J3 pin 9, when there is no coin inserted?

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Matthew Rossiter <matt@rossiters.com> wrote:
If I take out the 2N3904 NPN transistor and put in a 2N3906 PNP transistor - the start light works as I would expect (off when there's no 'Press Start' message).  The manual specifies a typical *red* (mv50) led by the way.  Just to give it that extra cheezy space control panel effect.

I guess the guys over at vectorbeam wanted that light to be on solid the whole time.  I wonder if Cinematronics was the deciding factor for not including the light when they acquired Tailgunner just to save a coupla bucks?

Oh well, looks like I'll make a compromise and put in the pnp transistor instead.

Matt