Re: Atari board differences by cabinet type?

From: SIMON HANLON <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 13:02:48 EDT

Cocktail power bricks had a copper band around the main transformer and also a galvanized steel jacket around the transformer, this is to reduce the magnetic field playing games with the deflectrion coils/crt. I found this out the hard way, if the steel jacket from around the outside is removed you get a bad wobble on a vector monitor, the jacket is glued in place and for some reason had been removed from my game.