Re: Tempest K6100 - intermittent HV problem

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun May 16 2010 - 02:13:34 EDT

Ok, thanks again guys.  This is helpful and I'm beginning to understand a bit more about this.  You are dealing with a relative novice here.  Ok, I've looked up the HV over voltage protection adjustment procedures and...well....I don't have an HV Trim pot on mine.  Nor do I see an LED.  So, does this mean that I have an older version that does not have over voltage protection?  I read that this was a feature of the later version monitors.

I'm not sure where to check for the +13 that you mentioned.  I will see if I can figure that out unless someone hear can tell me off the top of your head where to check that.  And also I'm not sure where to check to see if the oscillator is running.  I have a logic probe and know kinda how to use it.  A little..... :)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!  This is my favorite game!