Star Castle Signature analysis

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 08:38:16 EDT

Ok here's the quick of it.

I've got a Cinematronics Exerciser, and HP5004 I'm used to doing sigs on
Asteroids and the like.

But Cinematronics boards are new to me, as is the whole signature stuff.

The board has solid LED, will not play blind.

Hook it up on the bench, hook the exerciser up, and start trying to do
analysis.

Having a bit of a problem.

First problem, is unstable sigs until the voltage is cranked up to 5.25v

Next problem is initial check on C8 pin 12 gives 665F pin 5, and 6 give the
expected C32P

But I shouldn't have to crank they voltage that high to get things to run in
the first place should I?

Also I'm not sure what I should be seeing as far as the LED with the
exerciser hooked up, should the led be solid, go out or blinking? I know
when the game is running it should come on for a few seconds, then go out.
But since I obviously have a problem with the board it doesn't. Of course
adjusting the +5 will result in a LED t hat blinks.

Do anyone have any insights they can impart to me :)

Thanks,

Kevin