Got the V2000 HV blues...

From: Total Impulse <totalimpulse_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat May 29 2010 - 16:02:53 EDT

Trying to wrap up restoration of an Asteroids Deluxe mini, and the HV
board in the 15V2000 is giving me fits. (When I bought this game, the
monitor was kaput.)

Went through monitor, installed cap kit and new deflection transistors.
  Replaced all header pins instead of just resoldering them. Monitor
came up fine, adjusted it, had a great picture. Left the game running,
came back after about an hour to find the monitor dark. Quick check, no
high voltage, F102 on the deflection board was blown.

Pulled the HV cage. Checked all the resistors (seemed fine, didn't
replace any) Did a shotgun replace of Q901, D900, D901, D902, ZD900,
ZD901, ZD902. (Caps C900, C901, C904, C907 replaced previously.)
Pulled the HV diode, thoroughly cleaned up the connectors, installed a
new diode with fresh dielectric grease.

Powered up the monitor and checked the HV over 15+ minutes. Adjusted
for 14.5kv.

Powered up game, monitor worked and looked great. Left it running and
within roughly an hour it had gone dark again. F102 blown. #sigh#

I should replace the HV adjustment pot as it seemed a bit flaky, but I
don't have an appropriate 5k pot on hand.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

Alan

--