Re: Amp flyback install issue.

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 13:40:41 EDT

Kevin,

It may be academic, as that flyback isn't advertised to be compatible with
the 13" Amplifone. I'm assuming you haven't seen anything that said
otherwise (let me know if I'm wrong).

I looked in to that some time ago, and found based on the part numbers, they
are two different parts. Therefore, compatibility is YMMV at best.

That said, I don't have a 13" Amplifone to test it in, and AFAIK, no one
else has tried it, so I think you're the first.

Are you sure the original flyback is bad? There's no data to determine if
the failure rates were as high on the 13" version as they were on the
19"/25" version.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Thanks,
-Mark