13" Amplifone problems solved

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 16:15:45 EDT

First the Cinelabs HVT will work. It will require moving the MCI. In my case
I was able to use one of the original holes, and drill another to mount it,
and made a small wire bridge to that pin. It fits snug into the corner of
the HV cage.

Next, the Anode wire sticks out the top, so you will have to drill a hole in
the mesh cage, disassemble the anode cup to run the wire, and mount the mesh
cage.

There was a mod on the solder side of the deflection board, after going
through it, it looks to be a ground modification. There is mention of the
grounds being bad going to the two big power filter caps. Apparently this
was someone's way of solving the ground problem.

The Spot killer light being on all the time, turned out to be Q17, and 18 in
backwards.

The final piece of the puzzle.. The RGB inputs do not plug into the
deflection board. They plug into the neck board. The deflection board is
labeled RGB, gnd gnd gnd. The neck board is not labeled. So the previous
owner plugged it in wrong. Moving the plug, Red being on the outer most pin,
then green, then blue.

I would like to thank Rodger for tremendous knowledge and help last night,
and today.
I would also like to thank Pat for getting off his butt, and opening up the
other 13" Amp and sending me pictures. I love you Pat.. Yes I do.. :) lol

So as it stands, all colors are present, and separate, but equal. No retrace
lines, and the spot killer works..

I really hate working on Hacked stuff (Pat)

Kevin