wg 6100 problems

From: Werner Sharp <wsharp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 12:42:07 EDT

Hi all,

I'm trying to revive a dead WG 6100 and could use some advice.

1st problem: With a deflection board with a LV2000 installed, the monitor will power up and get HV some of the time but usually the negative voltage LED of the LV2000 will go out and the HV with disappear. This happens with nothing plugged in but the deflection board, power transistors and connector to the HV board. It does not happen with a known good HV board so its something on the HV. I replaced the three transistors and electrolytic capacitors. Any ideas what component could be bad? The diodes tested okay with my DMM.

2nd problem: I'm only getting upper right deflection with this deflection board. The chassis transistors have been replaced and test out okay. I could wiggle power plugs and the upright heatsinks on the board and get the whole top half to display. I reflowed the solder on the connectors and transistors and now never get the whole half to display with wiggling anything. Besides the chassis transistors, what is the next obvious component to have a problem? The MPS07/57 transistors or something else?

3rd problem: A different deflection board with no input does not light up the spot killer. What would cause the spot killer circuitry to fail?

Thanks for any ideas.

Werner Sharp