RE: Asteroids Deluxe CT audio advice?

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2010 - 02:58:48 EDT

> I'm guessing they might make small 4-6" subs today that might sound
> pretty good and fit in this small area. Any suggestions / help would be
welcome.

Since you aren't really going to be looking for super accurate music
reproduction or anything, you might just try putting a PVC tube on the
largest speaker you can fit and cap off the other end. Cut a hole in the
cap and put in a smaller tube and make a little ported sub out of it.
(Could even try it without the cap, or with the speaker on the end
backwards, etc.) Who knows what the frequency response or resonance would
be, but if you just want some extra low-end boomification it might help. ;-)

Some PC speaker systems have pretty small powered subs with them-- you could
always see if that'd fit too.

-Clay