Re: Tempest X,Y size

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2010 - 01:23:47 EDT

Kevin Moore wrote:
> Well I went ahead and replaced both switches, and problem is gone.
> Thanks John for being smarter than me once again :)
>
> Kevin
Glad to help, I'm stuck with a Asteroids Deluxe that was almost working
(Self test was good, Attract was sick) - cold spray indicated a bad Data
245 (E2 as I recall), replaced said 245 and the screen is now blank!

RAM, ROM, are all fine according to the Fluke 9010. Signatures match,
except theROM signatures appear to be for a different set of Eproms -
the Fluke signatures of my Eproms match the ones for that series, but
the Data line signatures do not match the ones in the Signature Analysis
Guide put out in 2000 by Peter Fyfe - but he did not say which Eproms he
was using...

Watchdog is constantly resetting...and the Self Test no longer works!
Checked for solder bridges, missing connections, etc. - but none have so
far turned up.

Painful!

Sigh...

John :-#(#