Re: Battlezone and -5v

From: Darren Finck <dgfinck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 14:05:22 EDT

I don't think that's correct.  Looks to me (on page 2B of the schematics) that the X/Y output amps use +/-15V (generated on the PCB from the +22V and -22V).

I recall a few months ago looking hard to find what the -5VDC was used for when I was trying to set up a "minimalist" bench test.  It looks like it was only there for some optional type of ROMs (8316s?).  Look at the "Vector Generator ROM section of the schems).  My PCB did not have any populated locations connected to the -5VDC.  I powered it up w/o -5 and it ran fine (including good video output to the o-scope).

Darren