Re: Black Widow Strangeness

From: <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 19:51:45 EDT

All black widows run on grav hardware.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Moore <talon.k@gmail.com>
Sender: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:50:02
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>

Ok, I have two Black widows.

While the Game play appears to be just fine on my Pat9000

I'm having some oddities in Test mode.

It appears these are either factory mods, or perhaps aftermarket. They have
stickers covering the Gravitar name on the board.

In any case, When I go into Test mode I get one of the following actions.

Everything works as intended, self tests passes
Self test comes up with QP and will not test sound but inputs work
Self test comes up, no errors, but static sound until a button is pressed
making a sound in test mode, then all is good.
Lastly, constant Reset.

In any of the cases, nothing will have been change, just toggle into test
mode from power up, and if I switch to game mode it works fine.

I did have a bad R1 on one board, but that seems to be Rom and Ram related.

I was wondering if there we occasional problems with Black Widow running on
Gravitar Hardware.

Thanks,

Kevin