Re: Asteroids Deluxe / V2000 problem

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 09:21:50 EST

You should take a picture of it in test mode, the crosshatch shows up whats going on a lot better for me.

Is the game pcb 100% ok? slim chance its an op-amp in the DAC section.

 It looks just like one of the monitor chassis transistors failing at the top end of its range/spec. You say you've changed the u57/u07 but don't mention anything about the 3716/3792? I'd guess you have a marginal chassis transistor that may well probably check good when metering out of circuit, but it will fail under stress in operating conditions, i have had this before.

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com