Amplifone HV Transformer bronze? mounting wire

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2011 - 01:25:50 EST

  I thought there was discussion about this years ago but I can't find
it in the archives....

Im guessing that the 1/8" bronze transformer wire bracket that wraps
around 3/4 of the core and bolts to the underside of the PCB must have
some sort of electrical purpose in the circuit? Or is it simply a
mounting wire? Im guessing that it is bronze (non-ferrous). So it is
electromagnetically moot?

The reason Im asking is that I have one with a broken wire (snapped
right on the corner) and I found nice 1/8" copper wire at hobby lobby
and made a pretty much exact replacement after running the ends through
a 4/42 die. they didn't have bronze but I figured copper was just as
good, just a little softer.

thanks
jess