Speaking of Vectorbeam/Cinematronics...

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2011 - 15:05:01 EST

I've sworn off working on this one but I'm curious what those "in the know" think.

I've got a Cine monitor that works but is missing the vertical deflection.  I tested the deflection transistors on the heat sinks and two of them were bad.  Upon replacing them, it behaved exactly the same way but one of those previously bad transistors heats up veeery quickly.  So hot that you don't want to touch it.

If this were your monitor, what would you suspect as the cause for overheating one of those transistors?  I've double checked to be sure it's not grounded out.  I'm thinking the thing should just be sent off to someone who has more background than myself but it is interesting to me to hear your thoughts anyway.

John