Re: Assistance with Star Wars w/Clay's ESB Kit --- SW novram clobber?

From: Mark Shostak <shostakmark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 11:41:44 EST

Or... Here's a completely different possibility:

Have you tested or verified the presence of "anti-corruption capacitor" (my
words) C94?

This cap "...maintains E2PROM data integrity..." "...during power-up or
power-down...", quoting Xircor.

It would be interesting to get a measurement on this cap, as it could
potentially explain a lot of "flaky" NVRAM behavior in SW boards.

HTH
-Mark