Asteroids Deluxe

From: Kevin Moore <talon.k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 16:50:30 EST

Working on a board for someone.

The problem they have with it, is this.

Game is in Garage.
Garage Temp is between 35-50 degree F
Turn game on, and burns up monitor.

Basically the output voltage on x and y when the board is cold is around
10-14v
Depending on how cold determines how long it takes for the output
to stabilize and return to normal.

However if board temp is above 50 degrees F everything works fine.

I've tried cold spray trying to find a non cold friendly chip, but it seems
pretty much everything pre Dac affects it.

I'm kinda at a loss to figure out why the board does this. I've tried other
AD boards, and they act the same, so I'm wondering if that's normal
behavior. Never had to deal with a cold board problem before.

Kevin