Re: New ZVG vector mame menu

From: Chad Gray <chadsarcade_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2011 - 12:47:35 EST

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

The next step will be to get it to read settings from a .cfg file. In there
we can store key bindings and interface settings like rotation and last
selected game. And whether you want the stars on in the background - Barry,
well found - you don't miss a trick ;)

I developed on a B&W monitor (initially a vectrex, and later a G05 in my
Asteroids Deluxe cabaret) and haven't actually seen it in colour in the
flesh, so apologies if it looks a little garish. Perhaps a colour map in the
config would be an idea too.

C isn't my native tongue but I've had fun and learnt a lot in getting this
far. James, I may ping you for some assistance if I get stuck but I'll have
a stab myself first. Thank you for the offer. I'll likely release the source
at some point but it's probably embarrassingly sub-optimal at the moment -
I'm making it more structured as I go. I do have copies of the source in
different locations tho.

Cheers,

Chad