RE: Sega G-80 PSU - Audio Amp

From: Chris Brooks <armis_at_pcdochouston.com>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 14:39:07 EST

You would have to add an audio amp to drive the speaker though.

I'm sure these old power supplied just need to be re-capped! They are a pretty hefty linear supply design.

If they didn’t take out the logic boards, chances are good the summing amp in the speech board is bad; I've seen that happen a couple times and it makes it sound like ALL sounds are bad. Should be a TL084 or some such op-amp on the speech board.

Thanks,

Chris Brooks
713-341-9850