Re: 6100 HV box repair log...

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed May 11 2011 - 13:47:42 EDT

Hi Guys,

Tried this Glass Jar trick today with a G05-802 HV unit and it worked
sweet....

Powered up from a Bench Power Supply 20V + 20V in series to give 40V Supply.
Needed about 500mA , and gingerly turned up the current limiting on my psu
expecting a puff of smoke......

Posted some pics up.... It works !!!!

http://cid-4353f500796dc555.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=4353F500796DC555!162&type=5&authkey=SZS3BJvXjYo%24&Bsrc=EMSHOO&Bpub=SN.Notifications

I would not have thought that this would would work, due to not having the
capactance of the tube in place, But after reading this post, I thought I'd
try....

Nice Heathy Voltages :) - Easy Peasy :)

Thanks for sharing this Andy.

Cheers, Colin