Alternate medium res tube for 19" Amplifone?

From: Xyla DuVal <xduval_at_xyla.net>
Date: Sat May 14 2011 - 22:53:36 EDT

Hi all,

Someone is selling a medium res monitor on KLOV, and in the photo you
can see the tube model. Its a little hard to make out, but it seems
to say A48AAB13X02. Here is the post:

http://forums.klov.net/showthread.php?t=183905

I can't find any information on this tube that confirms it really is
medium res, but if it is I am wondering what the chances are that it
could be used in an Amplifone instead of the M48AAW00X. I'm guessing
that there is probably some reason it won't work since I can't find
any information to suggest it will. According to the chart at
http://www.junknet.net/donor-tvs it is a CR-23(Fat neck/standard), but
I don't know what kind of neck the M48AAW00X has. The fact it is
listed on that chart is the main reason I am questioning whether it is
even a real medium res tube... why would an old RCA TV be medium res?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd love to be able to put
together an Amplifone but it seems questionable that I will be able to
find an M48AAW00X any time soon.

Thanks!