Re: P329 WG6100 HV box difference

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Sun May 15 2011 - 04:32:08 EDT

So i'm wondering if its worth even loading this resistor in, i'm thinking not. This morning I did a few checks and noticed the BU207 (which i havn't replaced) was bolted to the box without a heatsink.. (wasn't me guvnor!) so i put in an insulator...

Bingo, it works. It cranks to 24kv.. i set the trip at about 22.5kv and adjusted it down to 19.5kv, all seems fine, i don't think i'll put that resistor in, I can't see any advantage, but its good to know about. The HV trip pot is adjusted to about the middle of its turn anyway so there is no real problem with its range.

Now onto the next 4.

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com