Re: Errors in G05-802/5 manuals

From: Darren Finck <dgfinck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 10:33:42 EDT

Perhaps... once the corrections have been reviewed and confirmed by several qualified vectorlist members.

I don't wish to distribute my present commented PDF for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm not 100% certain of the corrections, I posted so some of the sharp people on here might review and confirm my observations and conclusions.

2) It's possible that there were different variations manufactured.  I don't want to presume that everyone's G05-802 is just like mine.

3) The PDF annotations were made with a copy of Adobe registered to my employer.  I don't wantto distribute a file that might have some metadata embedded in it which would point the origin as my employerer.

To further clarify my notes, here's the original CRT schem (from p10 of TM-151, Issue 3):
http://www.finck.net/CRT_schem_G05-803_orig.jpg

And here's what I think it should be:
http://www.finck.net/CRT_schem_G05-803_corrected.jpg

With regard to the original poster's corrections:

I agree that the diagram on p14 is quite misleading with regard to the orientation of the HV diode ("+" symbol on the cathode end).  Luckily I've always ignored that diagram and looked at the schematic 2 pages prior.

I am unable to confirm the correction to the P100 pinout, as my only G05-802 has had its original connector cut off and replaced with one for a V2000.  However, the schematic certainly appears to conflict with the table on page 3.

df