Re: odd fault..

From: Andrew Welburn <andy_at_andysarcade.net>
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 13:14:50 EDT

 I have a Wico XY pattern generator on pattern 6, just a straight grid.. its
a tried and tested setup, the CRT/hv/harness is all fine, its definately
_on_ the defelction pcb

 The almost pincushion-looking distortion is more worrying and bizarre, the
grid is distorted from how it should be - dead straight horiz and vertical.
Its not over deflecting...

 How to explain - hmm.. in the middle range of the deflection on a scope
image of the drive transistors where normally you see nice lines showing the
beam deflection path, it just turns into a cloud-haze. Q606/Q607 Q706/Q707
all measure in-circuit as perfectly fine. It feels like something is
affecting the +v supply, i went and checked the Z amplifer Q500/Q501/Q502 as
this uses the +v supply as well, but they all check out fine. The problem
affects both amplifiers..

 This is a bit like the Amplifone fault i had the other week, i'm sure its
going to be something completely unexpeced i'm sure.

--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com