Re: Amplifone problem

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Jul 15 2011 - 15:08:11 EDT

Thanks guys. I've tried a bunch (hopefully all) of the things you suggested. It's definitely not the PCB since I tried swapping it out with another. I tested everything on J103 for continuity and re-reflowed the solder just in case I screwed something up the first time.

When I got down to checking the pins on the neck for continuity I ran into a little confusion with how they are numbered so I made a picture to reference instead.  It can be found here: http://i55.tinypic.com/28wj95l.jpg

The first pin on the left of the pic (not sure what # it's called but I believe it's ground) gets continuity with both of the ones indicated (the brown heater pins I believe they are).  Which I think you said is not a good thing right?