WG6100 testing

From: Ken Sumrall <k_lists_at_scrapheap.net>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 17:42:25 EDT

My friend and I finished rebuilding our WG6100 monitors last night. I still
have some power supply work to do on my Space Duel, but we figured his Tempest
was ready for a smoke test.

We put it all together, except for the game PCB. We stood to the side, and
applied power. The two LEDs on the LV2000 came on, the front coin slot lights
came on, and the CRT neck was glowing. No fuses blew. All good signs!

However, we did not see the spot killer LED come on. I would think it would
come on if the game board was disconnected.

So, should I look for issues in the spot killer circuit, or is it expected
that the LED not come on if the game PCB is disconnected?

A friend has an Atari vector monitor generator/tester he is going to loan me
once he finds it. :-) I hope to use that for further testing.

___
Ken