Re: Amplifone monitor - still stumped on bright dot in middle.

From: John Huie <jehuie_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 14:38:05 EDT

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped or attempted to help me get this amplifone going.  It is now up and running and I played my first game of Star Wars on it this morning (level 14, 3.1 million) and it looks good.  I need to do some minor adjustment on brightness levels of the colors and such but otherwise it's very nice.

Several people mentioned possible issues with the spot-killer circuit and that was apparently what the problem was.  An extra thanks to Mr. William Boucher for providing the helpful details!  I replaced Q10, Q11, Q26 and the 4.3 volt zener diode this morning (somewhat arbitrarily) and fired it up!

Thanks again for all of your tips.  I may be slow but with your help it's back to life!